Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Revisiting Journaling in a Planner


Record keeping by way of journaling seems to be a challenge, but with the new year, the opportunity to attempt journaling presents a fresh new outlook.

The daily/monthly planner that I keep appointments, and important events in has become my new journal. And so far, I've found it to be rewarding. I now keep my planner with me wherever I go: a novel idea I saw another woman doing. (Why didn't I think of that earlier?) And by keeping it with me, I can jot down even the little things that happen throughout the day. And at the end of the day, all of the lines in the planner are filled.

I'm really liking this new way (although its not really new) of keeping up with all of the miraculous, trivial, and vital things that happen in my life. And like I've posted before, by doing this, I've been so grateful for saving an event or purchase in my journal because it has saved the day in a few instances. Like when I couldn't remember the exact date of my last eye exam, so I could schedule another one a year later.

On top of the charge to keep a journal, I'm finding a burden is lifted while writing. I feel like my life and personality are being kept in those pages. And not just events, and vital happenings, but also the emotions. I like to add one-word exclamations, both good and bad, so when I later review my history, I can remember how exciting or how awful that particular day was.

A new year and a new challenge (which I'm excited about) to heed a request to journal for posterity!
The goal is to keep this going as long as there's a pencil handy!

No comments: